The Governing Body of Patrington Primary Academy has a clear Uniform Policy. The clearly defined policy requires all pupils to wear the approved school uniform when at school and to any school trip or outing where it is considered appropriate.
The wearing of uniform enables the children to feel a sense of pride and belonging to their school community. The wearing of uniform also gives clear expectations to ensure health and safety as well as maintaining a good working environment. In addition, the inclusive ethos of the school places a high priority on equality.
The Uniform Policy is reviewed regularly. We acknowledge that school uniform is a significant investment for parents and we endeavour to ensure that as, primary school age children rapidly outgrow their clothes, that our uniform is simple and readily available. The school will make every effort to apply the uniform policy consistently. We ask for your support in dressing your child in the appropriate school uniform.
- Blue or white shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Royal blue jumper, sweatshirt, cardigan or fleece
- Grey or black trousers, skirt or shorts
- Black school shoes only
All clothes should be clearly labelled with the child’s name. Royal blue sweatshirts, cardigans and fleeces embroidered with the School Crest can be ordered from www.steadyschoolwear.co.uk. We have some nearly new uniform for sale from the office.
For Indoor PE
- Plain white T-shirt and black PE shorts, PE skirt or leotard
For Outdoor PE
As far as possible and with weather permitting, PE will take place outdoors on the field or the playground. Therefore, all children need to ensure they bring the appropriate kit in order to participate in P.E outdoors. This includes:
- Plain white T-shirt and plain black shorts during the Summer Term.
- In Autumn & Winter, suitable warm clothing i.e. jumpers or track suits can be worn.
- Trainers are needed for the field or the playground.
Indoor & Outdoor PE kits should be brought into school in a PE bag on a Monday and left on the child’s cloakroom peg until Friday.
- Jewellery should not be worn in school. If children have had their ears pierced, only plain studs should be worn. These need to be removed for PE or taped, which the children need to provide themselves.
- Transfer type tattoos should not be worn.
- Nail varnish is not to be worn. Nail varnish remover and cotton wool is kept in the school office. Children wearing nail varnish will be asked to remove it, under supervision, and then wash their hands.
- ‘Designer’ haircuts, Jo-Jo Bows, dangling braids and false pieces of hair are to be avoided.
Should individual standards fall below our acceptable level; a gentle written reminder will be sent home.