PE and Sports Premium
The government is continuing to provide a PE and Sports Premium for primary-aged pupils on the same basis as last year; to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and is to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision.
The allocation for this is calculated using the number of pupils in Years 1 to 6, plus £10 per pupil. Schools are free to determine how best to use this grant to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sports provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable.
- Increase participation in competitive sport including transportation
- Improve outdoor active provision in EYFS & Y1
- Using technology to support evidence and teacher and peer assessment of PE
- Train and develop PE leaders and provision of equipment to support active breaktimes and lunchtimes
- Membership of School Sports Partnership
- Planning and support for the delivery of effective PE lessons